Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Airlines Fare and price of Apartments in Bombay

I fear that I may be repeating the same thing again again. The problem with me is that I get my points at random. So when I introduce I am compelled to repeat many points again.
Now I just remembered one point. In Bombay to own an apartment even in far away places is a  great achievement. The prices are so high. I wonder how one manages to purchase one. Probably the housing loans must be helping. Normally the price increase is a one way affair. It never comes down.
But few years back it did happen. Not that the 'aam aadmi's'  1 BHK price came down. It stuck where it had gone. That of  3 BHK and above which the 'paise wala admis' were buying. The prices of those flats were being jacked up by greedy builders to that level that even the 'paisewala admi' could not afford. So there were no buyers. Many apartment complexes remained unsold. The builders were forced to bring down to the level where the buyer could afford.
Similarly if the fliers refused to be fleeced by not buying tickets at such exorbitant rates it will have to come down. Some one has pointed out that sometimes there will be some emergencies as in the case of a son to reach Hyderabad from Delhi due to the sad demise of his mother. Such things are not common but rare occurrences and whosoever it is will have to find out other means. Before the advent of private airlines when Indian Airlines ruled the Indian skies no one can say the airfares were cheap. It was beyond the grasp of common man. People had spent money even then in emergencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment